I have the best job in the world. Ok, I may be being biased here but every morning as I sit down at my desk, this is what I think. I am one of the lucky few who is often the second person to know when one of my patients conceives. I love switching on my Mac, to read an excited email from my patient. Apart from by patient’s partner, I am the only other person in the whole world to know this. What a privilege.
My name is Kate Davies – I am a Natural Fertility Nurse Practitioner and qualified Fertility Coach. I’ve worked in the field of Women’s health as a specialist nurse, for over 20 years and it is my passion. I work with women who are trying to conceive naturally to help them navigate their fertility journey both medically and emotionally.
Like Dr. Koita, I have embraced new ways of working, to offer patients convenience and easy access. All my consultations are conducted via video Skype, so distance is never a problem. As long as I can see you, it feels as though you are sitting right in my office. I find that my patients are a great deal more relaxed when they can talk to me from the comfort of their home. They haven’t just had to rush directly from work, fret about traffic delays and arrive at the clinic stressed and exhausted. They are comfortable in their own environment and more able to talk about the issues causing them concern or distress.
I have various consultations to choose from. If you are looking for expert advice and guidance on how to optimise your ability to conceive naturally, then a Natural Fertility Consultation will be for you. A Natural Fertility Consult includes aspects like:
- A lifestyle assessment – this will look at nutrition, occupation, stress, toxins, drugs, alcohol, frequency of sex, exercise, smoking, weight and much more
- Recommendations on fertility supplements
- Teaching of fertility indicators (temperature, cervical secretion changes, and changes in the position of your cervix throughout the month)
- Full explanation of charting your fertility indicators
- Confirmation of ovulation and when in the cycle you are most fertile
- Diagnosing and advising on any potential fertility issues
- Fabulous resources that will maximise your chances of conceiving
- A bespoke follow-up report with written recommendations to help you optimise conception
- Communication with your doctor/specialist as required
However, as no woman is ever created equal, the consultation is holistic covering what you need, based on where you are in your fertility journey and your health.
You may have moved on in your fertility journey and be considering or going through IVF, donor, surrogacy or adoption. This is where Fertility Coaching would be beneficial for you.
Fertility coaching is a relatively new approach that is becoming more and more popular as women experience the benefit reducing stress and increasing positivity has on their ability to conceive.
Coaching differs from counselling; in that, it is an opportunity to explore barriers in the here and now and helps you to helps you to find contentment, whilst equipping you with the tools you need whilst successfully navigating your fertility journey.
Fertility coaching helps you to achieve a more positive mindset and regain a sense of purpose and hope. It can support you along the path towards your ultimate goal and help your dreams become a reality.
Many women feel they loose a sense of self whilst trying to conceive. Fertility coaching puts you firmly in the driving seat and empowers you to take control. Fertility Coaching is for you if:
- Are you constantly stressed and worry what impact this is having on your ability to conceive?
- Are you struggling to maintain a positive mindset whilst navigating your fertility journey?
- Do you feel you have lost control of what’s happening to you?
- Do you feel that life is on hold and all about conceiving?
- Do you feel you have lost sight of who YOU are individually or as a couple?
- Do you feel cheated or is resentment is starting to creep in?
- Are you left wondering ‘why me?’
But would like to………
- Feel more positive and less stressed?
- Put the fun back into your life and feel more in control of what’s happening to you?
- Talk to someone who really understands what you are going through?
- Learn tools you can use to help you through the difficult days?
- Overcome obstacles, fears and insecurities?
- Gain a sense of perspective and purpose?
As well as natural fertility and fertility coaching, I also specialise in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and have helped 100’s of women suffering from PCOS to learn how to control their PCOS, manage their symptoms, regain a regular cycle, ovulate and ultimately conceive. These in-depth holistic PCOS consultations include:
- Symptom management – start feeling like the old you again
- Weight loss support – A bespoke weight loss programme supporting you all the way
- Exercise programme
- Cycle management and regulation – let’s get your cycles more normal in length and get ovulating again
- Identification of ovulation – I help you identify your fertile time, which is so crucial for women with PCOS
- Supplements and medication – find out which are the right supplements for you
- Self-esteem and motivation to really make that change
- Review and interpretation of 3 menstrual cycles
- Nutrition – a diet plan that will work for you
- Investigations and treatments – Interpretation of blood results etc., the next steps and what investigations to ask your doctor for
- On-going support and motivation to reach your weight and exercise goals
If you are interested in finding out more about me and how I can help you, take a look at my website – www.yourfertilityjourney.com but we can also get social on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – your_fertility_journey. Why not join my popular Facebook Support Group (don’t worry it’s a closed group, so no one will ever know you are a member) to get direct advice and support from me and chat with other ladies, who know exactly what you are going through.
Perhaps now, you can see why I really do have the best job in the world!