These gynaecological scans are suited for those wanting to assess their follicular development in a natural cycle or in response to ovarian stimulation during ovulation induction treatment.
What information will the scan provide?
– A detailed pelvic scan is performed to look a the uterus along with the thickness and the quality of the lining of the womb. The number and sizes of the ovarian follicles are recorded.
Who should have these scans?
– These scan are designed for women wanting to evaluate their follicular development in a natural cycle or following ovarian stimulation as part of ovulation induction, with or without intrauterine insemination (IUI) treatment.
What is the process?
– Order online
– Receive an email confirmation of the appointment
– Attend the scan
What type of scan is it?
– The scan is best performed transvaginally for optimum clarity.
When should the scans be done?
– These scans are best performed at the start of the cycle and then subsequently on days 8, 10 and 12 of the cycle depending on your response to medication.
Where will the scan be performed?
– At a centre close to where you live, across the UK
How long will it take to get the result?
– You will get the report immediately after the scan.
Can IVF Matters help interpret the result?
– Yes, consult our team of specialists
Can I have the scan with you if I am planning treatment abroad?
– Yes, feel free to use our service.
Are there any additional complimentary tests that may be required?
– A more comprehensive analysis can be obtained by simultaneously performing blood tests to assess your hormonal profile. You may order these tests separately via our laboratory section.