This gynaecological scan is suited for those wanting to assess their response to ovarian stimulation.
What information will the scan provide?
– A detailed pelvic scan is performed to look a the uterus along with the thickness and the quality of the lining of the womb. The number and size of the ovarian follicles in response to medication is recorded.
Who should have the scan?
– This scan is designed for women wanting to evaluate their response to ovarian stimulation as part of ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination (IUI) or invitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment.
What is the process?
– Order online
– Receive an email confirmation of the appointment
– Attend the scan
What type of scan is it?
– This scan is best performed transvaginally for optimum clarity.
When should the scans be done?
– The scan is best performed at the start of the cycle and then subsequently on days 8, 10 and 12 of the cycle depending on the response to medication.
Where will the scan be performed?
– At Canary Wharf, London
How long will it take to get the result?
– You will get the report immediately after the scan.
Can IVF Matters help interpret the result?
– Yes, consult our team of specialists
Can I have the scan with you if I am planning treatment abroad?
– Yes, feel free to use our service.
Are there any additional complimentary tests that may be required?
– A more comprehensive analysis can be obtained by simultaneously performing blood tests to assess the hormonal profile. You may order these tests separately via our laboratory section.