This gynaecological scan forms part of a basic fertility workup.
What information will the scan provide?
– A detailed pelvic scan is performed to look at the size, shape and condition of the uterus, both ovaries and the pelvic area. An antral follicle count (also known as an egg sac count) is performed to assess ovarian reserve.
Who should have the scan?
– This scan is designed for women of a child bearing age wanting to evaluate their fertility status.
What is the process?
– Order online
– Receive an email confirmation of the appointment
– Attend the scan
What type of scan is it?
– This scan is best performed transvaginally for optimum clarity.
When should the scan be done?
– The scan is best performed between day 1 and day 5 of the menstrual cycle (day 1 of the cycle is the day of full flow of menstruation).
How long will it take to get the result?
– You will get the report immediately after the scan.
Can IVF Matters help interpret the result?
– Yes, consult our team of specialists
Can I have the scan with you if I am planning treatment abroad?
– Yes, feel free to use our service.
Are there any additional complimentary tests to assess ovarian function?
– A more comprehensive analysis can be obtained by simultaneously performing a blood test (ovarian reserve hormone test) to assess the hormonal profile. You may order these tests separately via our laboratory section.